My family and I took a trip to Munich, Germany. Germany taught me a lot about the food, weather and sites to see. It was a fun learning vacation.
- Germany is one of the countries that makes the most sausage.
- We ate a German sausage and pretzel (which has history in Germany) from Hofbrauhaus. Hofbrauhaus was started in 1589 and is the most famous beer hall in the world.
- My parents had mulled wine (hot wine) and my sister and I drank hot tea at the Christmas Markets. My mom said the hot wine was good but it burned her stomach and had a different taste.
- It was so cold in Germany. I have never been this cold before. My mom made us wear pants under our pants which I didn’t like doing but it did keep us warm.
- It snowed during our visit and this was the first time I experienced snow. It was not like I expected. The snow was hard and hurt when you get hit with it. Everyone told me to stay away from the yellow snow and I learned it was snow that was yellow because of pee. So, I stayed away.
- We took a two hour train ride to visit the Neuschwanstein Castle. This castle is supposed to be the example for Disney’s Sleeping Beauty’s Castle. This was a cool site and hitting my sister with snowballs was even better.
- We spent two days visiting the Christmas markets. I thought they were old and sold a lot of weird stuff.
- We also went to the Dachau Concentration Camp. My mom gave us a lesson on World War II, concentration camps and the Nazis. I learned that Jewish people killed people based on their looks and religion. My parents did not let us go into all areas of the concentration camp and we had to be very quiet. I was sad when I learned how bad people can be for no reason.
I had a nice time in Germany. We left just in time to celebrate Christmas at home in Dublin.
If you have any questions about this holiday, please comment below and I will be sure to respond after doing my homework.
Pin This For Later