My family and I went on a mini holiday to Belgium and we visited Bruges and Brussels.
We did lots of eating. Belgium is known for its waffles, french fries and mussels.
- We ate at a restaurant called Bones and had all you can eat ribs.They were very good.
- The best thing I ate was the waffles. There are waffles everywhere with all types of toppings. We had waffles with caramel ice cream, strawberries and cream, chocolate and sugar. The waffles were my favorite.
- We ate french fries from Fritland. Those were the best french fries I ever had.
- We had mussels for the first time from this Italian restaurant. The mussels were very good.
We saw a few cool sites:
- The Manneken Pis is a small statue of a little boy peeing. They dress him up and everyone takes pictures. It was a funny site.
- The Atomium is a large tourist attraction, it is so big that I saw it from the plane.
- We spent a few days in Bruges and saw the windmills, ate a lot of Belgian chocolate, visited a nunnery built in 1240 and took a canal boat ride.
I learned that Belgium is one the smallest countries in Europe. It was our first visit to a country where they speak a different language and I was very nervous. They speak French, Dutch and German. We did not have any problems because almost everyone spoke English.
If you have any questions about this holiday, please comment below and I will be sure to respond after doing my homework.