My family and I went on a mid-term holiday to London and did a lot of stuff. We visited:
- The London Eye which is the most visited tourist attraction in Europe. It is a 30 minute ride on a ferris wheel and you can see 25 miles across London.
- Big Ben which is actually the bell. The tower and clock is called Elizabeth Tower as we quickly learned.
- Buckingham Palace to see the changing of the guards.
- The Underground Subway and if you look closely you can see rats and mice. My mom was scared to look.
- Piccadilly Circus which is like Times Square in New York with a lot of expensive shops. We ate at Mod Pizza twice. It was so yum. We also went to the Lego Store, the M&M Store and the Nickelodeon Store.
- The Tower of London which is famous because the queen’s crown jewels are there and you can see the war gear.
- The Tower Bridge (not the little one-the the big one that rises) and went inside. It has a glass floor so we can see all the cars below.
We had a very little hotel but it was very nice. My mom says a lot of big things that we are used to in America are small in Europe.
I had a lot of fun in London. I can’t wait until our next holiday.
If you have any questions about this holiday, please comment below and I will be sure to respond after doing my homework.